Your privacy is important to us
What information we collect and hold
Rural Health Tasmania Inc. performs many functions and provides a wide-range of services and programs. We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is necessary for us to carry out these functions in providing these services and programs. The information we may collect and hold varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected and may include:
Clients of our services: as a client or participant of our services and programs, we may need to collect your name and contact details, information regarding your health, income status, religious beliefs, ethnicity, emergency contact details and reason for contacting or using one of our many services or programs. Employees and Volunteers: as an employee or volunteer for Rural Health Tasmania Inc., we may need to collect information about your name and contact details, bank account and taxation details, qualifications, previous experience and emergency contact details.
How we collect and keep your personal and sensitive information safe
How we collect and store personal and sensitive information varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected but may include the collecting of:
- copies of your written correspondence with us;
- copies of receipts and/or transaction records in relation to your financial support of our fundraising activities;
- copies of your application form, request for assistance and/or other associated documents (including documents generated during your participation in a program with, or otherwise during your interactions with us) and information that you may provide to us in relation to any of the services and programs we offer; and
- copies of your volunteer agreement or employment agreement and any associated documents and information you provide to us in connection with your volunteering for or employment with Rural Health Tasmania Inc.
Why we collect and hold personal and sensitive information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal and sensitive information for purposes necessary to carry out our functions and provide our programs and services. These purposes may include:
- to keep in contact with you as a supporter of Rural Health Tasmania Inc. and to inform you about the role and extent of our work, programs, services and mission;
- to manage our fundraising activities and for taxation record-keeping purposes associated with your donation to Rural Health Tasmania Inc,;
- to assess your welfare or health and well-being needs and to provide you with the appropriate services, support and assistance;
- to provide you with the necessary support and assistance during your time as a resident of, or recipient of services at one of our residential centres or facilities such as respite centres, recovery services etc.;
- to provide you with the services requested by you from us;
- to comply with necessary business, accounting and taxation standards;
- to comply with our reporting obligations to the Australian Taxation Office and other government agencies and public sector bodies; or
- to manage and/or maintain your employment, relationship or volunteer arrangement with Rural Health Tasmania Inc.
We regard your privacy as the highest priority and will only use your personal and sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected.
You have the option of telling us if you do not wish to identify yourself when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter. We will explain to you if we believe it is impracticable to do so in the circumstances and why. If you wish to deal with us in this manner, you may be asked to explain to us in writing so that we can consider your request and determine if it is practicable.
How we may share your information
If it is necessary to carry out our functions and provide our programs and services, we may need to disclose your personal and sensitive information to external service providers such as information technology service providers, legal service providers, mailing houses, other community service providers, other government or non-government services provider etc. These external service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personal and sensitive information for any purpose other than the purpose for which you have given us your personal and sensitive information and they must also comply with Australian privacy laws.
Rural Health Tasmania Inc. will only share your personal and sensitive information in accordance with your express consent and instructions, as per the Australian Privacy Principles, or in accordance with the specific Privacy Notice provided to you by us at or near the time of collection of your personal and sensitive information. We do not supply your private or personal information to marketing organisations and only provide necessary information required by government or non-government funding bodies.
How you can access and seek correction of your personal and sensitive information
You have the right to access your personal and sensitive information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or seek to correct your personal and sensitive information, please contact Rural Health Tasmania Inc. using the contact details below or on our website. For security reasons you may be asked to put your request in writing.
To enable us to verify your request we require you to advise the following:
- Your full name
- Contact phone number
- The relevant department or service (if known) that your request relates to
There is no fee for making a request to access your personal and sensitive information. We do not charge for providing individuals with access to their personal and sensitive information however; we reserve the right to charge you for reasonable costs incurred in complying with a request for access.
How you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
We are committed to protecting your privacy and upholding the Australian Privacy Principles. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact our manager with your concerns at the contact details below or via the contact detail on our website.
Rural Health Tasmania Inc. takes all complaints very seriously and we will endeavor to respond to your complaint and address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable.
How you can contact Rural Health Tasmania Inc. regarding your privacy
Rural Health Tasmania Inc.
68 Emmett Street
Smithton Tasmania 7330
Phone: (03) 6452 1266
Email: email addresses are available via our contact us page on our website.
The information below relates to your use of the Rural Health Tasmania Inc. website.
This website is enabled for online donations using a secure donation server certified as secure by GiveNow.com.au However; despite the security on the site, you should be aware that this is an external web site that is not controlled by Rural Health Tasmania Inc. and Rural Health Tasmania Inc. makes no representations and takes no responsibility for any risks in transferring information across the Internet using this site.
- When an Internet donation is made, your credit card number is used only to make a debit through Westpac Bank.
- Rural Health Tasmania Inc. records on our fundraising database the Internet donor’s name, address, email, telephone, amount donated, and if the funds are for a specified gift.
- Our fundraising database is protected by secure user IDs and passwords, to help protect it from misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Internet and Email Privacy:
We do not collect any personal information on visitors to our website.
We do collect non-personal information that allows us to log information about visitors to our website for statistical purposes, such as:
- the number of unique sessions as identified by server address and top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .org, etc.);
- the number of page hits;
- the pages accessed or downloaded by session;
- the type of browser being used;
- the length of time spent on the site and on particular pages;
- the device being used (e.g. desktop or mobile); and
- the type of mobile device being used (e.g. iPhone).
- we do not use Display Advertising other than that on the GiveNow.com.au web link;
- we advertise online from time to time;
- third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet;
- we and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website; and
- users can opt out by utilizing Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/).
If you would like more information relating to privacy, the Privacy Act 1988 or the Australian Privacy Principles you can go to: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act
If you would like more information relating to the (Freedom of Information Act 1982) you can go to: http://www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-of-information/about-freedom-of-information