Board of Management
The Board of Management of Rural Health Tasmania Inc. is actively involved in a number of crucial roles to ensure appropriate direction and oversight of the organisation. These roles include the determination of strategic direction, setting and reviewing policies, monitoring operational and financial functions and supporting the Chief Executive Officer.
Board Members input valuable information relating to community health and well-being issues that impact on communities, families and individuals. They capitalise on their networks and links within and the beyond the community to support and enhance our service planning and provision.
Current Board members are:-
- Chair – Cr. Daryl Quilliam Mayor of Circular Head
- Deputy Chair – Matthew Nuske, Dreambuilders Church
- Secretary/Treasurer – Sgt. Lee-Anne Walters, Tasmania Police
- Board Member – Mrs. Sharan McLaren, Smithton District Hospital
- Board Member – Dianne Baldock
- Board Member – DR. Jane Edwards, Smithton Medical Practice
Ordinary meetings of the Board are held on the third Monday of each Month at 68 Emmett Street, Smithton. Each year the Board meets for an extraordinary meeting day to review its strategic plan.
At this extended session the Board reviews its priority areas and direction for the health service taking into consideration the health and wellbeing needs of the community.
Annual Reports can be accessed via our Downloads Page.
If you would like to contact a Board Member please email Rural Health Tasmania via the “contact us” page and we will forward your message.